St. Andrew’s Episcopal Academy Parent Volunteer Organization offers a variety of opportunities for parents and families to help our school community. When you volunteer, you deepen your role in the academy educational process and can make a dramatic difference to your child’s success in school.
Research shows that children who have parents that volunteer at their school:
- earn better grades
- score higher on tests
- pass their classes
- attend school regularly
- have better social skills
- show improved behavior
- be more positive in their attitude toward school
- complete homework assignments
- graduate and continue their education
Each SAEA family is required to volunteer 20 hours every school year. With that in mind, we offer committees that have specific areas of focus so that parents can find their best fit.
- St. Andy’s Angels: Assists families with major life events: new baby, illness, death of a loved one with meals and other needed assistance, natural disasters, facilitates faculty appreciation events, family dinner night(s), Volunteer Appreciation Day, teacher appreciation week, student life and extracurriculars.
- Event Committee: Assists with event planning and major fundraisers; Murder Mystery, Clay Shoot, Blessing of the Fleet, online fundraisers, and other events to be determined.
- Ambassador Committee: Assists with New Family Orientation, Book Fair, and Kite night/Cartoon on the Lagoon. Will be instrumental in volunteer recruitment for all sub-committees, will be a driver of communication for homeroom representatives and MS/HS representatives.
- Hospitality Committee: Assists with Back-to-School BBQ/Family Fun Day, Share the Love Week/Valentine’s Tea, School Dances, Fall Festival, Thanksgiving Feast, Kids Invite Someone Special continental breakfast (K.I.S.S.), Share the Love Week, and Valentine’s Tea.
Getting involved at St. Andrew’s is a great way to show your children that you take an interest in their education. It sends a positive message that you consider school a worthwhile cause and sets an important example to your child.