APPLY TO ST. ANDREW’S
Thank you for your interest in St. Andrew’s Episcopal Academy. We consider many factors when evaluating an applicant including the complete picture of the applicant, his or her strengths, interests and personal qualities. We seek families that will support and uphold the mission of the Academy and students who are best suited for our program and who we believe will contribute positively to our community.
Please refer to the requirements below for the grade level to which your child is applying.
PreK-2 Admission Process
Applications for the 2016-2017 school year are now available for PK3.
- Students must be three years old by September 1, 2016.
- Students must be fully potty-trained before the first day of school.
- The PK3 Program offers a flexible schedule with options of 3 Half Days, 3 Full Days, 5 Half Days or 5 Full Days. The Half Day schedule is from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and the Full Day schedule is from 8:00 a.m. – 2:45 p.m.
- Space is limited and is first come, first served. Enrollment contracts for PK3 applicants will be sent by early December 2015 to those who have completed their application. PK4 – Grade 4 Admission Process
PK4 – Grade 4 Application Submit a completed application and non-refundable $75 application fee. Transcript Request Form Submit transcript (Kindergarten-Grade 4). Send signed transcript release form to your child’s current school; transcripts must come directly from the school.
Admission Assessment Visit Schedule an admission assessment visit through the admissions office.
- PK4 applicants visit 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in the classroom and will complete the admission assessment with the lower school principal. PK4 applicants must be 4 years old as of September 1 of the school year.
- Kindergarten – Grade 4 applicants visit 8:00 a.m. – 2:45 p.m. in the classroom and will complete the admission assessment with the lower school principal. Lunch will be included. Kindergarten applicants must be 5 years old as of September 1 of the school year.
Await notification of acceptance. Applications are considered on a rolling basis throughout the year. Most new student acceptances will be mailed by the end of February. The Admission Committee evaluates each applicant on the basis of overall academic potential; developmental readiness; social, emotional and physical maturity; and ability to contribute positively to the school. All acceptances are contingent upon the student’s satisfactory completion of the current school term. Grades 5-12 Admission Process
Grades 5-12 Application Submit a completed application and non-refundable $75 application fee. Applications for the 2016-2017 school year will be available online beginning on October 9, 2015. Transcript Request Form Submit transcript (Grades 5-12). Send signed transcripts release to your child’s current school; transcripts must come directly from the school. Grades 6-12 English Recommendation Form Grades 6-12 Math Recommendation Form Send teacher evaluation forms to your child’s current English and math teachers. Recommendations must come directly from the sending school.
Shadow Visit Students have the opportunity to shadow in order to experience a day in the life of a Canterbury student. Shadowing is from 8:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. and lunch is included. Please schedule in advance through the admission office.
Admission Assessment All applicants Grades 5-12 must attend one of the available testing dates for the admission assessment. Testing is from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. at the Knowlton Campus. To reserve a testing spot for your child, contact the admission office.
- Friday, January 22, 2016
- Friday, March 4, 2016
- Friday, May 6, 2016
We also suggest the Secondary School Admissions Test (SSAT). Be sure to request your child’s scores are reported to Canterbury School of Florida Code 2065. Register online at http://ssat.org/.